Wild paint jobs. - Suzuki GW250 Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 Old 01-03-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wild paint jobs.

If you find a picture of a Gw250 painted in a wild and/or wacky paint job, post it here.

I will get things started with a few from China.
First up is this gold GW. The color is OK but it looks like it might be from a rattlecan.





Next is this vinyl wrapped wonder. It works since the rider is a gal. It wouldn't if the rider was a guy.



Last is this green and black marvel. The color combo is OK but he went over the top with too many different design elements.
speedandstyle is offline  
post #2 of 59 Old 01-04-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here is a wild yellow GW. It looks like it might be factory graphics. It is very gaudy in my opinion but does show that the GW looks good in yellow.
speedandstyle is offline  
post #3 of 59 Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here are a couple of other pics of the yellow GW.




And here is one with a mis-mash of decals.
speedandstyle is offline  
 
post #4 of 59 Old 01-06-2014, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here is another Yellow GW from China, this one is done by the owner.


How about white with a little red.


Or Orange CF vinyl wrap.
speedandstyle is offline  
post #5 of 59 Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow like the green one.
Scoot
scoot is offline  
post #6 of 59 Old 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Cool. Looks like the GW250 is much more popular in Asia.
brians is offline  
post #7 of 59 Old 01-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I liked that first gold bike, it;s the best out of all. The blue patterned one was sort of expected since it's a chick that owns it
TwoFiddy is offline  
post #8 of 59 Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians View Post
Cool. Looks like the GW250 is much more popular in Asia.
The GW250 came out in China in 2012. It is possible that Suzuki intended it for China only and then decided to sell it in other markets. It is a big hit in China from what I gather. Of coarse a 250cc motorcycle is a big bike there. Mostly they have 50-125cc scoots and light motos.

It did have some problems at first and there was even a recall for a couple of issues. I assume they have all been resolved. One was something about the transmission going into neutral instead of shifting. There was also some fuel pump failures, radiator leaks/bad hose and worst front brake failures. I did a google search and could find no problems with the GW250 outside of the early models in China so I guess all have been fixed.
speedandstyle is offline  
post #9 of 59 Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Group B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
The GW250 came out in China in 2012. It is possible that Suzuki intended it for China only and then decided to sell it in other markets. It is a big hit in China from what I gather. Of coarse a 250cc motorcycle is a big bike there. Mostly they have 50-125cc scoots and light motos.

It did have some problems at first and there was even a recall for a couple of issues. I assume they have all been resolved. One was something about the transmission going into neutral instead of shifting. There was also some fuel pump failures, radiator leaks/bad hose and worst front brake failures. I did a google search and could find no problems with the GW250 outside of the early models in China so I guess all have been fixed.
thanks for the posts, really digging all the chinese info. You know where the GW's are being produced? I assume China has local production to get around tariffsm but where are our NA spec GW's being churned out from?
Group B is offline  
post #10 of 59 Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
speedandstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group B View Post
thanks for the posts, really digging all the chinese info. You know where the GW's are being produced? I assume China has local production to get around tariffsm but where are our NA spec GW's being churned out from?
ALL GW250s are made in China. The ones for India are assembled there from kits that are made in China{to avoid some sort of tax there}. The plant is is called Haojue. They make bikes under their own name and most if not all of the Suzuki models sold in China. The GW250 is the first Suzuki model made in China for world sales and the first 250cc bike for any brand.
speedandstyle is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome