Join Date: May 2014
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Are you planning to do anything else to your GW in the future or is the last of it?
Some plans for the GW250 in the future:
- Givi SB2000 brackets or a locally made equivalent.
- Textile side bags, preferably something which looks like this: Moulded Sidebag MS512 | 7Gear Made for Indonesia motorbike adventure
I dislike metal panniers because of their weight and shape. They belong on badass rough-and-tumble bikes like the Yamaha XT1200Z (one of my dream bikes), not on a city slicker like the GW250.
- Auxiliary lights. A fairing automatically means a stationary headlamp and I feel it is not good enough for Indonesian roads which can be very dark at night. They will most likely be installed somewhere near the fork brace.
- Dirtbike handlebars, most likely candidates are the Suzuki TS or Yamaha YT bars. Not as tall as the OEM GW250S handlebar but wider.
- Porting and polishing of the intake. The GW250 is heavy enough as it is but with all the extra crap it's going to carry if I do all of the above then the engine power needs to be upped a bit to keep it "enjoyable".
I intend to keep this bike for a long time because it is more economical than the other 250s and very comfortable, making it an able tourer at least by Indonesian standards.