2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
First oil change

Changed the oil in the GW250 at 400 miles with a factory Suzuki filter. Opened the old filter and found no debris other than small metal particles. Note the drain back valve and pressure relief valve. Might want to stay with a factory filter because of this. Flushed the engine with 2 qt's oil and drained. refilled with Valvoline 10w-40.
Ready to rock & roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oil1.jpg (118.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg oil2.jpg (89.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg oil3.jpg (55.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg oil4.jpg (72.2 KB, 54 views)
post #2 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
awesome, good to know. thanks for sharing this with and and thanks even more for providing some great pictures. looking forward to seeing updates from you
Kevin likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Still not even broken in yet...

Have you been keeping the RPMs below the 5500 mark? I ask because mine has about 450 miles on it. Next trip back from work will put me up to magic 500 miles. I've patiently waiting for 7250 RPM, although I have got the revs that high before I've never kept it there for more then a minute or two. I'm really looking forward to being able to maintain 7250 RPM and drive on highways safely. On my commute to work I've been avoiding highways but I have no other option for several miles, with cars whipping past.
Kevin likes this.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Andy, It's been mostly under 5500 RPM (45MPH). Several buzzes to 8000 RPM on highway. This link is good for break in procedures and other info.
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
post #5 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I seen the article before but I was already well past the first 20 miles when I read it. Not sure if I belive it or not. Either way whats done is done and my bike is still at 450 miles (**** rain!) maybe tomorrow I will get it to 500!
post #6 of 16 Old 06-17-2014, 05:38 PM

not bad, i know some people do still go into the higher RPM range and hold it their for much longer and say it's good for the piston rings to seat properly, building pressure and all
post #7 of 16 Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wright View Post
Still not even broken in yet...

Have you been keeping the RPMs below the 5500 mark? I ask because mine has about 450 miles on it. Next trip back from work will put me up to magic 500 miles. I've patiently waiting for 7250 RPM, although I have got the revs that high before I've never kept it there for more then a minute or two. I'm really looking forward to being able to maintain 7250 RPM and drive on highways safely. On my commute to work I've been avoiding highways but I have no other option for several miles, with cars whipping past.
My dealer said not to worry about keeping it below the 4500 RPM reccomendation. They said to make sure you keep the engine speed as variable as possible. I just passed 1000 km on the odometer. For the first 500 or so km I kept it pretty slow, after that I went on the highway a few times and alternated between 5th and 6th gear to keep the RPM from being in one spot for too long.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM

I think for the most part, or maybe for 3/4 of the time you want it to be under 4500 and other times let loose, but I think it's a good idea to spread out those higher rev nicely
post #9 of 16 Old 09-15-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I completed my first service this morning stopped by advanced auto parts went with the Castrol 10 w 40 4T full synthetic and the only oil filter they had was high dollar K&N so 48.00 bucks but should be able to get 6k out of it. and the K&N filter had all the proper valves in it at 15 bucks it better the oil drain plug is 17 mm and has an neoprene o-ring brown in color make sure its pliable and not cut or scored. Also changed my clutch lever super easy washed and waxed her got to use my new rear wheel lift 29 bucks harbor freight very nice
post #10 of 16 Old 09-15-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strick9 View Post
I completed my first service this morning stopped by advanced auto parts went with the Castrol 10 w 40 4T full synthetic and the only oil filter they had was high dollar K&N so 48.00 bucks but should be able to get 6k out of it. and the K&N filter had all the proper valves in it at 15 bucks it better the oil drain plug is 17 mm and has an neoprene o-ring brown in color make sure its pliable and not cut or scored. Also changed my clutch lever super easy washed and waxed her got to use my new rear wheel lift 29 bucks harbor freight very nice
what type of wax did you use to wax your bike?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page