Has anyone seen or thought about a GW250 custom build? - Suzuki GW250 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Has anyone seen or thought about a GW250 custom build?

I couldn't find any pictures online of modded Inazumas. Seems like it isn't really the bike of choice for people who want to build a custom bike though.

I was wondering if guys had any plans to mod your GW250 or if you found any pictures anywhere f modded GW250s.
post #2 of 42 Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
I think it is still too new to see much other than mods to the basic design. The wildest I have seen on the internet was this.

Modifikasi Suzuki Inazuma 250 Makin Macho Dengan Mono Arm | Nofgi Piston

Racing Cafè: Suzuki Inazuma 250 by Baru Motor Sport

Front and rear end taken from a Triumph and a few other custom bits.
post #3 of 42 Old 03-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
However! I think the GW250 could very well make a neat custom. I have seen enough pictures of the bare frame to know that it is very classic in design. It would be neat stripped down into a cafe racer style. The old Kawasaki Ninja 250 converts well if you are willing to reweld the rear frame, the GW250 doesn't need that as the rear frame is simpler! Here are a couple of custom 1988-2007 Ninja 250s.

This last one is actually a kit. It isn't cheap but not bad considering all it includes. I just wish they would sell the parts separately.
Blue Collar Bobbers

post #4 of 42 Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
However! I think the GW250 could very well make a neat custom. I have seen enough pictures of the bare frame to know that it is very classic in design. It would be neat stripped down into a cafe racer style. The old Kawasaki Ninja 250 converts well if you are willing to reweld the rear frame, the GW250 doesn't need that as the rear frame is simpler! Here are a couple of custom 1988-2007 Ninja 250s.

This last one is actually a kit. It isn't cheap but not bad considering all it includes. I just wish they would sell the parts separately.
Blue Collar Bobbers
those are some great examples but due to the proportions of the GW i dont think it will look as good as these. still looking forward to what some might do to the GW.
post #5 of 42 Old 03-19-2014, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
it could happen with it being so popular in china

but it will probably come out if china and not north america.
post #6 of 42 Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I didn't realize you could take something like a Ninja 250 and turn it into a cafe racer like this. You think that is possible with the Inazuma as well?

The GW250 could be a really great bike to use for custom builds. If you care more about how it looks than how it performs at least. It comes at a really good price and it isn't too hard to mod.
post #7 of 42 Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
I was actually considering one of these in November on a whim. There was a cheap Ninjette that had been street fightered (read broken plastics ) in my area, really great price, as in less than the cost of the kit. I was seriously contemplating, I mean a cafe for less than $5K

Didn't and I'm glad.

I don't think the GW would do a cafe look justice, I'd much prefer to build off a TU platform but thats another discussion. I quite like the street fighter look, if you stripped the extra plastics down the side, ground the tabs a found a way to tuck the wires I think it would do spades for this bike along with the obvious front fender upgrade... probably would do a new front light, clip ons perhaps... all depends on ergos...
post #8 of 42 Old 03-20-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I agree. its not a suitable platform for a cafe but if you really wanted to - you could
post #9 of 42 Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians View Post
I agree. its not a suitable platform for a cafe but if you really wanted to - you could
I do think though that you could make a vicious street fighter with the GW250, as i said above strip all the excess plastics, grind the tabs down and tuck the wires up somewhere. Clip ons, maybe rear sets and you have quite the little weapon
post #10 of 42 Old 03-20-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group B View Post
I do think though that you could make a vicious street fighter with the GW250, as i said above strip all the excess plastics, grind the tabs down and tuck the wires up somewhere. Clip ons, maybe rear sets and you have quite the little weapon
That sounds like a recipe for a sexy bike!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page