Installing a USB Charger Kit on My Bike - Suzuki GW250 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-01-2017, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Installing a USB Charger Kit on My Bike

I found this on Amazon (MOTOPOWER MP0609AA 3.1Amp Waterproof Motorcycle USB Charger Kit SAE to USB Adapter Cable Phone Tablet GPS Charger ) and I will be installing it shortly on my 2013 GW250. I have two options. I can opt to wire it directly to the battery but the charger still consumes power even if nothing is connected (albeit very little) because that's the nature of 12V to 5V converters. On the other hand,to prevent this, I can wire it to one of the other circuits of the bike that run after starting the bike. But I am very daunted to do this because when I looked at the wiring diagram I understood nothing of it and prior to this, I haven't done any mods on my bike involving electronics. So, what are your thoughts on this?
post #2 of 2 Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Naturally I would say it would be better to tie it into an accessory power source where it only gets power when the bike is on, but I personally am not familiar with the wiring either and it's probably not an idea to just jump on whichever wire without knowing what it is, what it's for, and how much of a V reference it has going for it. So I would think going straight to the battery would work out best for you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page