Very jerky transition between engine braking / acceleration - Suzuki GW250 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-17-2018, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Very jerky transition between engine braking / acceleration

Hi all,

I've had my 2013 Inazuma for 7 months. First bike, bought second hand.

Ever since I've owned it it has had a very jerky transition from engine braking to acceleration and back.

It feels like the weight shifts forward and back with a very noticeable bump.

It's more noticeable at lower speeds/gears, but still present in higher speeds/gears.

It's still there even if the transition is really slow on the throttle, although transitioning with exaggerated slowness does lessen it.

I don't know if it's because of an incorrect setup, too soft front suspension (it's pretty soft), or if this is simply normal.

Comparing this to my car's engine braking, my car has almost no jerkiness when transitioning from engine braking to acceleration.

Because of this jerkiness, I've found smoothest riding is done with almost always some gas. Even when braking. Giving it a tiny amount of gas while braking is MUCH smoother than rolling off all the way then braking, so I typically do this for everything except hard braking. Or I pull/slip the clutch to avoid engine braking.

Is this a normal quirk of this bike, or is this normal for all bikes, or is this something fixable? Any ideas?
post #2 of 3 Old 12-13-2018, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am obviously late in responding, but I got my GW250 F in the spring. It's symptoms were like this. My shifts seemed to defeat me when I tried to shift smoothly. My Tuesday bike group said " That's how it is with fuel ingected engines." However, I was just checkiing specs, and the chain was a little out. I don't know why the seller's final inspection didn't catch it. Asii soon as I brought the chain within spec, the bike got as smooth as anyone could imagine. Solved the rough stuff for me. Seasons' best to everyone.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2019, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It seem that you need to change engine oil and air filter the bike will be much smoother after and yes the chain also can be the cause..
Let us know what happend..

Regards,
AL.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page