LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2018, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
T99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trying to change oil, need help finding non OEM parts

I have a 2015 GW250, bought it with 3200 miles and recently (around 3700) the maintenance and oil light came on. I think the maintenance light comes on because it was around 3k miles since the oil change around 500 miles or so.

Anyways, it's very difficult to find non OEM parts and I have no clue what sizes I need. All of the OEM parts have names that don't seem to make any sense and they don't give away exact sizes. The manual says that I need to replace the crush washer or oil drain plug washer (think it's the same thing). The washer that goes onto the plug to let the oil out. I can go with OEM if I absolutely must, but I rather by some nicer parts, plus they cost more and shipping is horribly slow.

I know the oil filter from other brands is the 138 size. If anyone knows the size of the crush washer that would be very helpful. There is no Suzuki dealership nearby. I called one place about an oil change and they don't even have the filter. I did not ask about the washer at that time, I imagine they should have a variety. Since these parts cost so little I rather just bring in what I need other than the oil. Plan to do it myself on the following one. I also wanted an oil filter magnet which only has 2 sizes which are 18mm and 23.8mm.

Any help would be amazing.
post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2018, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
T99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can't edit after 10 minutes... Think the oil drain plug bolt / washer might be M14x1.5 if anyone can confirm this. The bike parts stores online lead you to pick from multiple sizes even though you put in the bike you have. It would be much easier if it brought you to the exact size for that bike. Ebay shows some listed only as M14..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page