post #41 of 41 Old 04-07-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
KTM 390*Duke*ABS 2014 - Highlights
You are right and here is a page on the US site for it. Of coarse there is no mention of price nor could I find one. In looking at European prices there is about a 33% difference between the Duke 390 and Duke 690. The Duke 690 sells for $9000 in the US so the Duke 390 should be priced at or around $6000. That is half as much more than the GW250. Of coarse it is a bigger bike{displacement wise}.
Indeed, its also been bred as a completely different type of animal. I mean the White Power suspension components are nearly enough to justify the premium. Not to mention the little 390 single will easily out punch say the CBR500R. However being a high compression single it heats up and heats up FAST. I spend a bit of time over on a Duke forum and those guys are seeing crazy heat soak issues when rotting in traffic.

One of the biggest problems is that the header down pipe is right beside the rad, so heat soak into the rad from the head contributes to the problem, which then over works the fan, which then creates more heating issues...

That really seems to be the prime niggle with it to date...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page